From the Chairman
La parola per oggi e ottimismo. Al Fratellanza Club si dice “sempre avanti” e penso che adesso abbiamo ragione.
There are many reasons to be optimistic about the future.
1. More people are coming to club events.
2. We are wrapping up a fun Bocce season after being off for the pandemic years.
3. We are looking forward to a great Ladies Polenta dinner.
4. In the next few weeks there will be two big Crab Feeds that I think will reach full attendance.
5. I am already looking forward to a Day at the Races with the Ladies Club.
We have had a good wet winter to fill up our reservoirs & it has tested our building’s roof. We have found that one section of roof, that has had small leaks for years, now has a big leak over the back bar. I made a lot of calls to roofers & ended up climbing up the ladder with five different estimators. We received five submittals & our board reviewed them as follows: We threw out the high & low bids & then focused on the three in the middle. Rich Vila is doing some due diligence on one of the bidders & within a few days we will have a roofer selected. The Board & the membership approved a budget of $22,500 to include the roofing work, potential dry rot repair & repair to the interior ceiling area at the back bar. As soon as we sign a contract, the work will be scheduled & it will depend on weather & workload, but I expect it will be completed within a couple of months.
Our new president Ron Blair is working through some health issues & has a strong program of events he wants to plan this year. Let’s join him in keeping the Fratellanza Club the great club that it is & participating in more activities.